How to Make Tarragon Tea

Tarragon Tea
Tarragon tea (French tarragon) is mild and can be relaxing and de-stressing after a difficult day. It can help you sleep. It can also relieve gas, indigestion and may help cure hiccups. It's easy to make, and if you keep a tarragon plant or two on your deck, in your garden or even indoors on a sunny windowsill, you'll have a regular supply of fresh leaves. Be sure to use tarragon fresh, once dried it loses many of its medicinal and flavorful qualities.


Easy Tarragon Tea Recipe

1 tbsp. Fresh tarragon
Boiling water

Bring 8 to 10 oz. of water to a rolling boil and pour over fresh leaves. Let steep five minutes.

Variations:

For indigestion, add a little grated ginger or a few mint leaves to the tea. It's a double whammy that'll settle your tummy in no time.

Sweeten tarragon with fresh stevia leaves or honey. They're both delicious.

Caution: If you're pregnant, avoid medicinal and aromatherapy tarragon for the duration of your pregnancy.


For more information about tarragon, please visit my blogs:

Medicinal Uses for Tarragon
How to Grow Tarragon
Mustard Chicken Tarragon
Tarragon Substitute
Tarragon Mustard Recipe

Reference:

Photo Courtesy of John Joshua Rosario at Flickr.

Comments

  1. Hi, Sara,

    I have been raising herbs for years because I like the way they look and the deer don't eat them. I use most of them but never found enough recipes for the tarragon plant that exploded in growth this year. I am drinking some tea right now from you recipe. Threw in some ginger and mint to boot. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,

      My pleasure. Thanks for your kind note.

      Delete
  2. I always drink tea in the morning mixed of tarragon leaves, mints with lemon and honey. It is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for ways to help my digestive system. I tried tarragon and mint today in a tea. This is truly the best tea I have ever had. No need for sweetener. I am loving this. Thank you so much. We will see how it affects my body in a week or so I guess..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share some ideas.